SUNY ACT for Excellence and Student Initiative Award
To reward students for excellence in their academic performance and extraordinary commitment to their campus and/or community. The scholarship amount is $1,000 with an additional $250 given in their name to the charity of his/her choice. An individual applicant must have a Dean’s List GPA of 3.75 or greater as of the last reporting period; must provide two letters of recommendation, and; must have played a role identifying and/or supporting specific needs on your campus or in your community and worked to provide a service or solution to address that need.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you shown leadership or initiative in your local community?
- Have you played a role in identifying or supporting specific needs in your local community?
- Have you been involved with activities within Empire State College in which you have shown leadership and initiative?
- Have you played a role in identifying or supporting specific needs within Empire State College?
- Discuss how you have played a role identifying and/or supporting specific needs at SUNY Empire or in your community.
- Two professional references are required from individuals who are familiar with the applicant's work
- Show 1 more